Interested in attending? We welcome you to join us at the Aurora Summit! Watch for the link to register on Eventzilla, which is usually posted on the homepage in June. A few things to keep in mind when you sign up:
- Reserve your lodging first. Discounted rates are available at the host hotel when you call and mention the Aurora Summit. The resort requires a deposit covering the first night. For details, see Lodging & Camping on the registration website.
- Register for the Aurora Summit on Eventzilla:
Coming Soon! Check back in June
- Submit a photo to the Aurora Slideshow.
- If you’d like to buy apparel when it becomes available, order online so your shirts and gear can be shipped to you ahead of the event.
- Connect with other guests by joining the Aurora Summit 19 event on Facebook or posting with the hashtag #AuroraSummit19.
Located on the shore of Lake Superior, the Aurora Summit is surrounded by beautiful Minnesota State Parks and scenery, including lighthouses, rivers, waterfalls, and palisades. With a $7 day pass to the state parks system, guests can take advantage of all the parks dotting the Lake Superior shoreline during the day.
Venue for Aurora Summit 18:
Superior Shores Resort & Conference Center
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Activities after hours include everything from Aurora Chasing and Light Painting to Night Sky Photography. On Saturday night, we walk out to the northward-facing pebble beach, which is located directly behind the hotel, to enjoy the night sky and take photographs. We light a bonfire to keep everyone warm. Pack for cold temps, bring camera gear with safe storage, and plan to be out late, immersed in the wonders of the night sky!
Sunrise over Lake Superior is a must! The lake shore faces north, east or northeast, depending on your vantage point, and there are many access points scattered along the edge. Whether you’re a photographer or not, this sunrise is one you won’t soon forget!
Photo by Melissa F. Kaelin.
Open to the Public
The Aurora Summit is open to the public, but it is limited to adults ages 18 and up. Guests must register in advance of the conference.
The conference package typically includes several meals and more than 10 sessions on photography and night sky topics, with a keynote speaker and special events. Guests are responsible for their own lodging.
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ.